Is Your Home Prepared for Fire Safety?
October is National Fire Prevention Month, which may have you thinking about your home. Are you and your family as safe as can be, first in the prevention of fire, and second, in the event of one?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), there were, on average, 354,400 home structure fires per year between 2013 and 2017. Unfortunately, there was also an annual average of 2,620 civilian deaths. Fires are dangerous, which is why it is a good idea to take measures to protect your home by installing proper fire safety and prevention equipment.
Your HVAC contractor can help you find the fire safety equipment you need.
You rely on your HVAC contractor to help keep your home comfort equipment running safely, effectively, and efficiently all year long. But did you know that they can very likely help you get the fire safety products you need, and install them for you, as well?
When they shop at their local Carrier®/Bryant® Distribution Center, they will find a variety of high-quality Kidde® fire safety products, made with your safety in mind.
Kidde offers a full line of the products you need to keep you and your family safe.
Ask your technician if the following Kidde products may be right for your home:
- Smoke Alarms: Kidde provides battery-powered, wire-in, and wireless smoke alarm systems, featuring the latest in alarm technology.
- CO Alarms: Having a carbon monoxide alarm installed on every level of your home can prevent tragedy – CO is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, and can be fatal.
- Combination Alarms: Kidde offers combination smoke and CO alarms that work together to detect fires and carbon monoxide emissions.
- Escape Ladders: Kidde ladders provide a simple, easy-to-store way to help ensure you and your family can get out of your home in the event of a fire.
- Fire Extinguishers: Kidde offers a wide selection of high-quality fire extinguishers – you should have one on every level of your home, including the basement and attic, as well as in the garage.
- Additionally, Kidde provides auxiliary devices for those with hearing or visual impairments, batteries, and more. Your technician can help you choose the right home safety products for your needs.
Kidde products can help you stay safe in the event of a fire or CO emergency.
When you call for your annual heating maintenance, let your HVAC dealer know you’d like to discuss fire safety options and how Kidde can help keep you and your family protected. Your technician can find the full lineup of Kidde products just by visiting their Carrier/Bryant Distribution Center.